Friday, March 16, 2007

Request for Assistance

I've recently received an email from a graduate student asking for assistance finding a post where they could work on real world applications of the A4R framework. I've posted their email with their contact details and name removed below, if you have any suggestions please email me or give details in the comments.

I am currently completing the final phase of the NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme here in the UK. I recently undertook a research project on leadership and management, but focused specifically on ethical resource allocation at Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town, South Africa (Dissertation to be completed). Whilst on my elective, I had the opportunity to meet with Prof. Benatar and learn more about the A4R framework. He suggested that you might be able to help me.

I would really like to gain more experience working in the area of ethical resource allocation, in particular, looking at the real world application of the A4R framework. I will be on the NHS Management Scheme until August (but will be allowed to exit early should a substantive post become available).

I was wondering whether you would have any advice or contacts in organizations which are actively grappling with ethical priority setting in order to help me focus my search for a substantive post. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for considering my request. I am looking forward to your response.

0 comments: